The five key aims are to
- enable and strengthen foundational scientific understanding of how and why energy is used in homes through data-rich sociotechnical research.
- deliver applied research and modelling flexibly and responsively to a fast-moving technological and policy landscape.
- make representative and reliable data available to scientists, industry and policymakers.
- sustain the UK’s world-leading research in data-driven approaches to energy data collection, analysis and access.
- innovate new, cost-effective smart data solutions for collecting energy data at scale.